Location | Szolnok
Planning | 2009
Implementation | 2011
Lead architects: Hajnal Zsolt, Kendelényi Péter
Architect: Szalántzy Kolos
Client: MÁV Ingatlankezelő Kft.
The water tower was built in 1895-96 by MÁV in an eclectic style.
The slender body of the tower is made of profiled bricks, and the ornate steeple, which holds the steel water pool above it, is a marvel of carpentry.
The wooden frame’s sole purpose wasn’t decoration, it was also keeping the pool cool.
The reconstruction of the historical monument was finished in May 2011.